There has been much news about serial bigamist Ed Hicks recently. Court records show that Ed Hicks has been married seven times and four marriages overlap. He was not even divorced from Sandra Phipps-Hicks; he did not even know that his annulment had just recently been finalized to Julie Flint-Hicks, but Ed Hicks proposed marriage again two weeks ago. Why does Ed Hicks keep gettng married, not only that but why does he keep getting married without divorcing the previous wife? What would cause Ed Hicks to lie about his age, education, number of wives, number of children, job, among so many others?
It is my belief as well as many others that Ed Hicks' actions and behavior are characteristics of a psychopath. Ed Hicks portrays false integrity, appears caring and helpful, convincingly mimicks human emotion, appears innocent and charming when you first meet him and always in front of witnesses, has plenty of fine words, seems smooth and charismatic on the surface. It never lasts. Dr. Jeckyll turns into Mr. Hyde.
His victims are disposable and are thrown away like an old pair of shoes. Ed Hicks when under scrutiny, will attempt to blame others around him for acts he has committed. In fact, this is a hallmark behavior of the psychopath -- the blaming of others. Other traits include:
- Failure to conform to norms with respect to lawful behavior indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest.
- Deceitfulness, indicated by repeated lying or conning others for personal profit or pleasure.
- Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead.
- Consistent irresponsibility as indicated by repeated failure to honor financial obligations.
- Lack of remorse, indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.
Do you think you might be involved with a psychopath? Learn as much as you can about them. Visit the MSN Forum on Psychopaths, a learning, research, resource, and discussion group. Their warm, welcoming managers and members invite you to join to share your experiences and reclaim your life from the devastating effects of a psychopath. Absorb yourself in the information and hop on the discussion group/message board when you feel comfortable doing so.