Charles Edward "Ed" Hicks was released from the Mecklenburg County North Carolina jail for a second time into the custody of the Chesapeake, VA Sheriff's Department on Wednesday, January 18 at 9:32 AM.
He was to appear regarding attorney arrangements on January 20, 2006 at 9 AM in the Circuit Court of Chesapeake, VA for three charges:
- Failure to Appear (Class 1 misdemeanor; Virginia Code 18.2-456)
- Violation of Bond (Class 1 misdemeanor; Virginia Code 18.2-456)
- Bigamy for Ed Hicks' marriages to Rose Hicks
and Julie Flint-Hicks (Class 4 felony; Virginia Code
Ed Hicks was indicted by a Chesapeake VA Circuit Court Grand Jury on December 6, 2005. Hicks was arrested in Charlotte, NC on a fugitive warrant from Chesapeake, VA on December 12, 2005. He was released on a surety bond in Chesapeake on January 7 and fled to North Carolina where he was arrested again on January 8, 2006.
Check the now-active case status from the Virgina Courts Case Information website.
- Select Chesapeake Circuit from the drop-down list.
- Select Criminal and enter Hicks, Charles in the Case Search field to search by name.
- Click the case number for Charles Edward Hicks to learn the case details.